Nov 5, 2011

A killer revisited and my portrayal in a CBS-TV movie

As TV news troubleshooter years ago, I was contacted by Corrine in Green Bay who believed her missing sister, Vonnie, had been murdered by Vonnie’s husband, Ron Rickman.

Although Vonnie was never found, Rickman was eventually convicted of her murder. And we all ended up being portrayed in the CBS-TV movie “The disappearance of Vonnie.”

I tell the story in my online memoir Glen Loyd On Your Side in Wisconsin: Chapter 1/Portrayed in a CBS-TV Movie with a clip from the movie of Corrine asking me for help.


Recently this story electrified me again. Throwing the switch was a post on my memoir from a woman saying that Ron Rickman also shot and killed her father and grandfather, Wisconsin loggers who encountered him as he hunted. Rickman was found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Although her main point was that the movie wasn’t accurate, it blew me away that I had once again been contacted by someone who lost family to this killer.

Here are more details and photos of the people in involved in this story:
The Disappearance of Vonnie

Rickman, the killer, lived close to my family in Green Bay. I was concerned about retaliation until he was arrested.

No comments: